Monday, October 22, 2012

Plans for Workshop #1. MONOLOGUES!

I'm having everyone do a 2-3 minute MONOLOGUE for the first workshop!

I know, no one likes doing monologues, but you know what? Sometimes they are in the script!
Sometimes for theatre auditions, you have to do a monologue. It's just a fact of life.
You shouldn't be afraid of monologues.  They are a chance to shine! Make it your own.
Tell us a story!  Let us feel what you are feeling about what you're talking about! Make us care.
That's the challenge!

I'm super excited to hear all the monologues. I'm even doing on myself. I'm doing a monologue from a 2005 film called "GIRL IN A CAFE" starring Kelly Macdonald. She's a wonderful Scottish actress. I'm doing a British Accent for this monologue where my character is at a very important dinner with the British Prime Minister and she starts talking about the children who are starving in Africa! It's very powerful.  I can't wait to do it!

We'll also be doing some relaxation exercises, affirmations, and some improvisation during the first workshop as well.  It's going to be a really fun day!

See you on the STAGE!

Best,
Kelly

No comments:

Post a Comment